Thomas S. Gelini
Thomas S. Gelini is partner and shareholder as well as lead litigator. His undergraduate education was completed at University of California, Berkeley. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of San Francisco School of Law.
With 30 years in litigation, Tom has been involved in pre-litigation, and active litigation including trial, post-trial and appellate work. He has represented clients in every conceivable claim, from catastrophic trucking accidents, premises liability, landlord tenant disputes, slip and falls, municipality defense including defense of first responders and law enforcement, construction site accidents, construction defects, landslide/subsidence, land movement, negligence, intentional torts. He has represented individual clients, small businesses, municipalities, and corporations.
Tom has tried many cases to verdict, has arbitrated many claims to award, mediated many claims, and has successfully resolved countless cases informally.
With his impressive fund of knowledge, and keen litigation skills which includes the ability to communicate naturally and easily with parties, all counsel, judges and juries, he brings to the table a most unique skill set that merges the mastery of litigation with eloquence and persuasion, and achieve the most elusive of all litigation goals: an efficient evaluation of a claim in order to achieve the most expeditious route to resolution.
Tom always keeps his clients informed and updated on all developments on their cases. The free flow of information allows the defense team to work efficiently together as a unit.
Tom practices in all 58 counties in California as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern, Northern, and Central Districts of California, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Tom enjoys traveling with his wife, spending time with his family, hiking, reading, and the movies.
- General Civil And Trial Practice In All State and Federal Courts With An Emphasis On Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Coverage
- Municipality Defense
- Premises Liability
- Construction Defense
- Mold Litigation
- Landslide/Subsidence Law
- Landlord Defense
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctor - 1991
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Bachelor of Arts - 1988
Professional Associations And Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association Of Defense Counsel Of Northern California, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Association of Defense Counsel of Southern California, Member